HomeYour CommunityYour GovernmentHow Do I
Go To Search

Planning & Zoning
Dickinson County is zoned, zoning was adopted in 1975 and has been updated in 1988, 1996, 2002, 2007 and in July 2009.

There is a Planning Commission which is appointed by the County Commissioners.This board has seven members and they hear zoning changes, conditional uses as well as Subdivision requests.  Interested applicants may contact the Zoning office for more information. 

At this time, Dickinson County does not have a building code, and does not require any inspections with the exception of septic or waste water systems.  

We require zoning (building) permits and waste water permits which are subject to soil profile requirement. 


If your home has experienced any flood damage in Dickinson County please contact the Zoning Office or the Emergency Management office.

Planning Commission Meeting Dates

Zoning Regulations

Subdivision Regulations

Frequently Asked Questions

Rural Living in Dickinson County

Contact Us
Timothy Hamilton.JPG
Timothy Hamilton
Planning & Zoning Administrator 

109 E 1st St., Suite 103
Abilene, KS 67410

Ph: (785) 263-3120
Fax: (785) 263-0061

Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm